Happy Earth Day!
What is Earth Day?
Earth Day was first celebrated in 1907! It is an annual event in support of protecting our environment. It is a day that is celebrated all around the world on April 22nd. Earth Day is celebrated with events and activities that focus on nature conservation, recycling, and appreciating time outside! Today one of our Occupational Therapists is going to teach you how to work on development while celebrating the Earth!
- Fine motor skills
- Visual motor skills
- Sensory Processing
- Executive functioning
- Sequencing and following directions
- Motor planning
- To make your planters, you will need…
- recycled containers such as juice cartons, plastic bottles, or tin cans
- You may want to decorate your planters with…
- construction paper, markers, paint, stickers, or other materials
- To use as a planter, you will also need…
- dirt, seeds, or small plants
Step by Step:
- Gather your materials.
- Follow the step by step directions in the video linked here:
- Add in extra fine motor and visual motor skill practice by decorating with stickers, markers, paint, or writing names of plants on the planter
- Continue to work on sensory and executive functioning skills, remembering to add sunshine and water to help your plants grow!
Additional recycled craft ideas:
For more about Occupational Therapy, check us out on social media!
Facebook: Project Play Therapy, LLC
Youtube: Subscribe Here