Are you the next President of the United States?!
Did you know Presidents’ Day was originally a celebration of George Washington’s birthday?! However, now it is viewed as a day to celebrate all U.S. presidents. Have you ever dreamed about what it would be like to be the President, because today’s activity does just that! This activity works on both handwriting legibility and “Wh” questions!
Why practice “Wh” questions?
Answering “Wh” questions allows the child to practice understanding grammar and formulating appropriate responses. It can also help with the following:
- participation in reading comprehension activities
- demonstration of knowledge learned in class on tests more effectively
- participation socially in the classroom environment
Want more ways to practice “Wh” questions for Presidents’ Day
- Create “Wh” questions cards to play matching games with correct responses and questions.
- Watch President’s Day related videos on YouTube and ask your child related questions.
- Use fun and colorful President’s Day picture scenes and have your child answer various “Wh” questions.
- Read the story “What does the President do?” or “If I were a President” and ask related questions.
For more language fun, check us out on social media!
Facebook: Project Play Therapy, LLC
Youtube: Subscribe Here